1. Schedule a 30 – 60 minute meeting to discuss design and construction phase services for your new or existing facilities.
2. Submit all available documents for the scope of work.
3. We provide a proposal (quote and preliminary assessment).
4. Explanations are discussed at a 30-minute follow-up meeting.
5. You supply a contract or sign our proposal.
6. The programming or preliminary design phase occurs after funding is available and before design begins. At this stage, the owner and the project manager have already completed a feasibility study. This includes an analysis of the project site, establishing a total building area, determining the building and user requirements, researching zoning requirements, creating a preliminary schedule, estimating realistic project cost, and defining the scope and goals of the project.
7. In the schematic design and design development phase, we create the drawing package, which contains sheets for all the disciplines, shop drawings, and specifications with applicable codes and standards. Properly speaking, any plans, specs, reports, computations, and contracts between us and the owner are the contract documents and establish the contractual obligations between the contractor and the owner.
8. In the design phase the materials are sourced and construction begins as we joint venture with a general contractor (GC). This occurs after the permit drawings are stamped by the building department and the more detailed 100% complete Construction Documents (CDs) (sometimes referred to as 100% Design Drawings, DDs) are finalized. The supplier who sells the materials, the fabricator who crafts them, and the sub-contractor who installs them are all consulted to verify that the integration of the different products and methods of construction are going to work successfully for each individual scenario in the building.
9. The Construction Administration and Management phase includes field investigations, Pre-Construction Condition Survey, pay apps, schedule of values, Change Orders, cost estimates, RFIs, submittals, and as-built (redline) plans.
10. Based on the clients situation and desires we will perform LEED certification and value engineering.